On May 10, 2018, I attended the American Cancer Society 13th Annual Taste of Hope event in New York City. I purchased my VIP ticket at $275 which included a gift bag and early access to the food and festivities. The event had two honorees: Sarabeth Levine was this year’s culinary honoree and Chef Antonio Prontelli was this year’s survivor honoree.
My top 5 favorite savory tastings from the event were the:
- The Smith’s Toasted Ricotta Gnocchi with White Truffle Cream
- Calle Ocho’s Pastelillos Cubanitos
- Jing Fong’s BBQ Roast Pork Pastry Puffs
- Casa Nonna’s Siamese Agnolotti
- L’Amico Fontina Cappelletti with Wild Mushroom and English Peas
My top 5 sweet tastings from the event were the:
- Bonsai Kakigori’s Strawberries and Cream Kakigori
- Loi Estiatorio’s Yiaourti Me Meli
- Melt Bakery’s Mini Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Java Melts
- Frose & Campari Popsicles
Below are images from the event.
There were a lot more stuff at the event. The event set up gets better and better every year. There were a lot of wine tastings, beer tastings and emerging food companies promoting their products. More importantly a lot of the food tastings were on the healthier side; there were salad variations, ceviches, and barbecued dishes.
I can’t wait to visit these restaurants during the upcoming restaurant week if they participate. Stay tuned.