On behalf of Tablespoonsandteaspoons we want to wish you and your family a happy Thanksgiving. Thank you to my followers for your continuing support.
If you’re unable to celebrate Thanksgiving with your family, we came up with a meal that can be done in a hour and more importantly it’s budget friendly, healthy and low carb.
Bacon Wrapped Turkey Cutlets with Brussels Sprout Casserole and Skinny Mashed Yams
Boneless Skinless Turkey Breast Cutlets $4.99/lb
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Place aluminum foil on a baking sheet and lay 4 strips of bacon flat on the foiled baking sheet.
3) Rinse 2-4 slices of turkey breast cutlets depending on size and place cutlets on top of the bacon.
4) Season cutlets generously in salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stack cutlets.
5) Place the tips of the bacon to wrap around the cutlets and roll tightly.
6) Place bacon wrapped turkey cutlets in the oven for one hour. Rotate the baking sheets 180 degrees halfway.
7) Remove from oven and let it cool for 10 minutes.
Brussels Sprouts Casserole – Recipe was adapted from Grace Before Meals
1 tablespoon of butter (I used the Earth Balance Organic Whipped Butter) $3.50
16 pieces of Brussels sprouts -$2.99/lb.
Ocean spray craisins (dried cranberries) at 2 for $3 ($1.50)
1/4 cup of water
1/4 cup of breadcrumbs $1.50
1) Rinse and cut Brussels sprouts into quarters.
2) Melt butter in a non stick pan
3) Add Brussels sprouts and let it cool for 4 mins.
4) Add dried cranberries and water and let it cook until water is evaporated.
5) Add breadcrumbs and mix until toasted.
Skinny Mashed Yams – Recipe was adapted from Tasty Kitchen
2 yams washed and cubed = $0.59/lb
1) Wash and cut yams into cubes.
2) Add yams to boiling water and cook until fork tender.
3) Drain yams. Mash yams and add cinnamon and butter as needed.
There you have it, a date night/Thanksgiving meal for two that can be done in one hour with each dish requiring no more than five ingredients.
From our family to yours, once again Happy Thanksgiving! Cheers!