My friend introduced me to a three ingredient dish that was so cost-effective and easy to make. It is a great day game day appetizer plus it is quick, healthy, low calorie and paleo-friendly. This dish does not have its true origins, but restaurants have made it part of their appetizer, bar and/or gastropub menus. It is called Bacon Wrapped Shrimp. I call it:
As you can the total number of calories for each piece is between 33 and 45 calories depending on the type of bacon used and the size of the shrimp.
This three ingredient quick dish is made in five steps totaling about 15-20 min.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse shrimp, pat dry and place a piece of basil on top.
- Holding the shrimp with the basil, wrap the slice of bacon around each piece.
- Place the wrapped shrimp on a greased cookie sheet or small pan.
- Place it in the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes until the shrimp is opaque.
This dish is so addicting in a sense that when one piece is eaten, there are cravings for more. Just remember everything in moderation. Bon appettit!